- In comparison to the linear storyline of FFXIII, the choices the player makes in XIII-2 will result in different consequences in the story.
- For the first time in the Final Fantasy series, there will be multiple endings.
- Noal is introduced as a new character not only as an interesting aspect for seasoned players, but also so those unfamiliar with the series can play it.
- The Crystarium system will be essentially the same, with some updates including interaction with accessories.
- The save system has been changed to resemble Western titles.
- FFXIII-2 will feature more towns and shops players can interact with.
- The storyline will take at least 40 hours to complete.
- Look forward to more this September at Tokyo Game Show 2011!
I’m very excited to hear more. I suppose I should just come out with it though, I’ve only ever played demos of the FFXIII games. So this weekend when I returned from E3 I picked up the copy of XIII I’ve owned since it’s release and finally begun to play it. Now that I have familiarity and compare it to what I saw at E3’s demo, I can say I am genuinely looking forward to the improvements.
One that was noticeable to me was the lack of animation during Paradigm Shifts in FFXIII-2, I’m too impatient even though they are short in FFXIII. As I’ve said before, interactive battling is the best!