Thanks to KH13.com for the image finds. I’ve translated some of the content from the pages, all of it is pretty much a regurgitation of what I translated yesterday though. Be sure to check out all the pics though, the details in the Hunchack of Notredame world are so awesome!
The KH3D World and Dream Eaters
To explain the stage that KH3D takes place in directly, it exists within a “dream” that you see. While there, Sora appears in the condition before he began his adventure so that even characters from the past titles don’t seem to know him. In an examination to become Keyblade Masters, Sora and Riku visit the world submerged in sleep. In that world there are creatures called Dream Eaters that devour dreams. Sora and Riku borrow their powers in order to fulfill their goal of awakening the world. However, the Dream Eaters are divided into the Nightmares which are enemies and Spirits which are allies.
Special techniques for fighting the large Dream Eaters!
If you fulfill the conditions when fighting a large bodied Dream Eater, you’ll be able to do a special command called “Blow Off”. If you unleash the Blow Off command, then you will fling your ally Dream Eater like a projectile after spinning it around.
Jiminy Cricket: Hm? Who are you? Children aren’t supposed to come in here!
Sora: Ah, yep. Are you… a goddess?
Pinocchio: Jiminy taught me all sorts of important things!
Laverne(?): You think we shouldn’t be able to talk?
Phoebus: How pathetic, having to rely on a kid.
Hi guys, I’m alive, just busy. Here’s translations of the new information revealed in Famitsu, V-Jump, and Jump Weekly about Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Thanks to the News Vault for the info. Updating as I go along, I’ll make a note when I’m finished.
It’s the same information revealed in Weekly Jump and V-Jump, so I’ll summarize.
The Hunchback of Notredame world: “Le Cité des Cloches”
- Quasimodo – The young man confined within Notredame Cathedral. He favors Esmeralda who helped him despite his appearance.
- Esmeralda – A beautiful gypsy girl who loves her freedom. She has a strong sense of justice and has caught the eye of Frollo.
- Phoebus – The skilled captain of the guard who was summoned by Frollo. Frollo orders him to eradicate the gypsies from the city, but he gradually begins to disobey.
- Claude Frollo – He is a judge with substantial control of the city. Because of his hatred of gypsies, his methods of removing them become violent.
There are great number of scenes including Sora telling Quasimodo to run, Riku meeting Esmeralda, and others involving Sora and Riku.
Pinocchio world: “Prankster’s Paradise”
- Blue Fairy – The fairy who breathes life into Pinocchio even though he is a doll.
- Pinocchio – Having forgotten the promise he made to Geppetto and Jiminy, he accidently becomes dazed by fun things.
- Geppetto – He is a craftsman that makes wooden toys. He creates Pinocchio and comes to love him like his own son.
- Jiminy Cricket – A cricket residing in Geppetto’s home. He was ordered by the Blue Fairy to educate Pinocchio. This Jiminy Cricket does not have the memories of the Jiminy Cricket that traveled alongside Sora and company in the previous adventures.
There are scenes around the circus entrance and within the circus tent, as well as Sora and Riku talking with the Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, and Jiminy Cricket.
System Reality Shift
In battle, attack the same enemy consecutively. When you lock on to specific objects, a special lock on marker appears. When that happens, you can use the special command “Reality Shift” by pressing the X and A buttons. During that, Sora/Riku disappear from the battle and special actions take place on the lower screen. The Reality Shift command introduced is called “Holy Rope”. Using it, you tie up targets in a line on the bottom screen, then on the top screen a chain appears to attack the enemies one after another in the way you drew it.
There are ally and enemy Dream Eaters introduced in battle. Nightmares are enemies, Spirits are allies.
- Zou Elephant – An elephant with jutting, purple tusks. It attacks with its large body and long nose. Its long range attacks like firing rocks are its strong points. If you meet the requirements by partnering with a large Dream Eater, you can invoke the “Blow Off” technique to combat it. After twirling your Dream Eater ally around, you can fling it at the enemy.
- Dokudoku Lizard (Poisonous Lizard) – A Dream Eater that resembles a fancy purple salamander. From above, it sprinkles poison in a wide range, and can also attack by stretching its long, poisonous tongue.
- Ice Penguin – It is dark gray, yellow, and green around its back and belly, with a purple riveted ring around its neck. Sliding across the ground, it attacks within the area it surrounds. It will also abruptly make blocks of ice surround its body.
- Dragon Horse – A nightmare resembling a seahorse. It attacks by shooting water like balls from its mouth.
- Neko Cat – The nightmare version is violet. It moves around sneakily; if you come in contact with the lightning balls it drops you receive damage.
- Goat Horn – A dream eater’s whose horns resemble a wind instrument. It’s cooperating technique envelopes the Keyblade in flames which make it more powerful.
- Thorn Lion – A lion Dream Eater with a prickly mane and flat feet. A technique where the lion’s thorn tail can be brandished by Sora is introduced.
Techniques: By filling up the pink gauge you can execute co-op techniques with your ally Dream Eaters. For instance, Sora can ride atop a Dream Eater, and Riku can absorb the Dream Eaters to power himself up.